Thursday, May 16, 2013

About this Blog

This blog was created as part of an Action Research Project in an effort to expose the success of low-salary baseball teams in recent years. As you can see on the right side of this page, I will follow the relationships between a team's ranking in salary and its winning percentage. Every week, starting on May 20th, I will also do a special report on one of the bottom five teams in salary ranking. My goal for this blog is to show the rest of the world that a high salary does not ensure a high winning percentage, and vice-versa. Like how Moneyball, the movie and book, helped to illustrate one low-salary team's success, the Oakland Athletics  in 2002, I want expose several other team's success, as well as the Athletics' success in more recent years. I hope you enjoy my future posts and will stick with me over the next couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment